The St. Vincent de Paul Respect Life Committee is dedicated to responding to Pope John Paul II's call in The Gospel of Life to protect, respect, love and serve life in our society through programs which support, promote, and create a culture of life. This committee offers parishioners numerous opportunities to promote the dignity of life through prayer, legislative advocacy, education, and direct service. To learn more, or to sign up for email updates, contact Suzanne Kerr at email@example.com or Corinne Dineen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
October is Respect Life month. During the month we participate in the annual LIFE CHAIN in Omaha with a peaceful witness of prayer in defense of life.
Please consider participating in any of the following activities to help build a culture of life:
Pray and Fast - This is a spiritual battle for the conversion of hearts. Prayer is VITAL to this ministry. Pray at home; pray before the Blessed Sacrament; attend Mass more frequently.
Join us for the Rosary following the 8:15 Mass in the church Monday-Saturday.
Financially support and/or volunteer at a Pregnancy Counseling Center or maternity home. These centers support women and couples both before and after the birth of their children:
- Assure Women’s Center http://assureomaha.com/
- Essential Pregnancy Services http://www.essentialps.org/clinic/index.html
- Catholic Charities http://www.ccomaha.org/services/pregnancy-counseling
- Bethlehem House http://www.bethlehemhouseomaha.org/
- Mater Filius http://ne.materfilius.org/
Financially support organizations dedicated to post-abortion healing:
- Project Rachel http://www.noparh.org
- Rachel's Vineyard http://www.rachelsvineyard.org.
Financially support pro-life legal organizations that defend freedom of conscience, freedom of religion, and freedom of speech. These organizations offer pro-bono legal help to defend those unjustly accused and to fight unjust laws:
- The Thomas More Society https://www.thomasmoresociety.org/
- Life Legal Defense Foundation http://lldf.org/
- Alliance Defending Freedom http://www.alliancedefendingfreedom.org/
Become informed of pro-life issues. Join the SVdP Respect Life email list to receive links to news stories and articles written by pro-life news agencies. These resources go beyond the coverage of regular news outlets. Contact email@example.com