WELCOME TO ST. VINCENT DE PAUL
Wednesday Class Times 4:30pm-5:45pm & 6:15pm-7:30pm for grades 1-8
A home program is available for those who have scheduling issues and cannot come to class each week. See below for admittance information and requirements.
Religious Education Registration 2017-2018
If you are new to St. Vincent de Paul Religious Education- To Register:
1. Register in the Parish (if you are not) click here.
2. If you are registering a 1st grader click here for New Family Registration form.
3. If you are registering child(ren) who are grade 2 and up, please contact the office, 402-493-1642, or email Vicki Smith, email@example.com.
- First Night of Class is August 30,2017. Parents please plan to attend the first night with the children to meet their teacher, attend a parent session and then closing prayer service with students. The tentative 2017-18 calendar is posted on the left side of this webpage.
- Please check your email or the parish bulletin starting August 1 for further information about your Religious Education program.
- Catechists needed! If you would like information about possibly being a catechist/team teaching next year, please contact Vicki Smith asap! firstname.lastname@example.org Great benefits!
- NOTE! Grades 6-8 space is limited at 4:30, it is open ONLY to students who have younger siblings in Religious Education who attend at that time. (If that doesn't work for you, you must attach a note to your registration stating the reason you need 4:30 class time.)
- Is your child participating in extracurriculars next year? BOTH RELIGIOUS EDUCATION AND EXTRACURRICULARS ARE IMPORTANT TO OUR Youth... Early planning helps your student to do both! School sports practices are often after school until 6pm for junior high students. If your junior high student is thinking about going out for a sport at any time during the next school year, please register him/her for the 6:15 class time NOW. Class time availability is based on attaining the proper number of catechists. Students may not change class times after August 4th. Thank you for your cooperation!
- All students are expected to be at class the entire time. Late arrivals and early dismissals are discouraged.
- Questions? Contact Mrs. Vicki Smith, 402-493-1642 or email@example.com until June 20th, then contact the Religious Formation Office.
No child will be refused if unable to pay the full amount of fees; however, special arrangements must be made if fee cannot be paid by the 1st day of class. Please contact the Director of Religious Education, Vicki Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Help Needed-
We are always searching for those who would like to work with students in grades 1-8. Training is available as well as teacher manuals that guide weekly lessons. Co-teachers and substitute teachers are sorely needed! Please contact the Director of Religious Education, Vicki Smith, at email@example.com for more information.
Our volunteers make our Religious Education program a success. You may call ahead (402) 493-1642 and choose Wednesdays to volunteer. Click here for Sign up Genius link to select dates to volunteer. We ask all parents to help at least 2 times during the Religious Ed year. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Traffic Safety (crossing guard)
- Hall Monitor (must be Safe Environment certified. Click here for a link to the Archdiocese website for training dates.)
- Attendance Monitor
- Substitute Teacher
- Substitute Childcare Helper
- Assist as a Lector or EMHC at Masses
If you can help in other ways, please contact Mrs. Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for helping!
Home program Requirements:
° Call and speak with the Director of Formation to apply for the home program. If accepted:
- Pick up your books, materials and master calendar on the first night of classes (in the Religious Formation office) and attend the parent meeting.
- Parents are required to meet with the Director during the year, as called for. These "check in's" ensure that your student is progressing well, and that you have the materials needed to include special liturgical considerations during the year. (advent, lent, Saints, etc.) These meetings will be announced via the email address you have provided.
- Home program students required to receive the sacrament of reconciliation at least 2 times per school year.
- Regular weekend Mass attendance for the family is expected.
- Set a regular time at home to meet weekly, if at all possible.
- Your student is welcome and encouraged to attend the Wednesday RE Masses and confession times. Questions? Please contact the Religious Formation office, 402-493-1642.
Resources For Families-
On these sites, you'll find support for you and your family, plus fun and educational games and activities for students:
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Wednesdays during RE class: 10:00am-8:00pm
RelEd Office Phone Number 402-493-1642
Vicki Smith, Director of Religious Education, email@example.com, phone extension #220
Bonnie Heimann, Office Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone extension #224
Jennifer McMahan, Office Assistant, email@example.com, phone extension #223