St. Vincent de Paul welcomes you to RCIA
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
RCIA is for those:
- Who wish to explore the teaching of the Catholic Church with the desire to become Catholic.
- Are either baptized or unbaptized, but are not Catholic.
- Are 18 and older.
RCIA is a journey of faith:
- It is the process by which men and women enter the Catholic Church.
- It is a journey in that you are paired with a Catholic sponsor (from St. Vincent de Paul or you can designate your own) to help guide you along the way.
- You will join other candidates and sponsors in the form of weekly classes that begin the second week of September, culminating with entry into the Catholic Church the night before Easter.
RCIA is about Sacrament:
- The Sacraments of Initiation-Baptism, Confirmation, and Holy Communion are typically celebrated at the Easter Vigil Mass. At this time, those participating in RCIA become full members of the Catholic Church.
RCIA is about Community:
- Becoming Catholic is not just about learning: It is also about the "community of believers". RCIA provides an entry point into a deeper relationship with the parish and with the wider Catholic community.
If you would like more information on joining the Catholic Church through RCIA, please contact the parish office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402.496.7988, ext. 232.
To inquire about CIC, Christian Initiation of Children, please contact Vicki Smith in the Religious Formation office at email@example.com or 402.493-1642.